Meet Our Team
Our motto is "No Stress In The Garden"
We strive to make the process from start to finish stress free for our clients. Our goal as a business is to create habitats that work for our clients and enhance habitat for wildlife and pollinators.
A desert transplant, Abby lived and worked in the San Fransciso Bay area for 17 years. She is well versed in drought tolerant plants and design. Abby had a landscape design, build and maintenance company out of Oakland, CA for 6 years.
She grew up in Ohio working for her parent’s construction company.
Abby’s specialties are sustainable design, medicinal and edible plants, rock work, custom pots and garden’s for children. While formal study has informed her work she credits years of work experience with other gardeners, herbalists, contractors and clients for the depth of her knowledge.
- 2001 Permaculture Design Course
- Occidental Arts and Ecology center. Occidental CA
- 2003 Permaculture Design Course Point Reyes Station, CA
- 2003-2017 Early Childhood Garden and Environmental Educator Marin Learning Center/ Community Action Marin schools, Marin City, CA
- 2005 Roots of Herbalism Certification California School of Herbal Studies, Forestville, CA
- 2011 Bachelor’s of Arts Degree dual emphasis Art History and Studio Photography minor in Holistic Health, San Francisco State University. San Francisco, CA.
- 2012-2017 Founded Westward Moon Gardens Landscape Design and Build Services, Oakland, CA.
- 2013 -2017 Landscape Design and Drafting, Construction, Plant ID and Business Practices classes. Landscape Horticultural Department Merritt College, Oakland CA.
- 2014 California Naturalist Certification, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA.
An Arizona native, Scott has been involved with the plant and landscaping industry since the late 1990’s. Having spent his beginning years on a fruit tree farm and nursery in a warm, dry climate, he developed not only a passion and love for growing and cultivating fruit trees but also the knowledge to do so. Along the way, Scott has become an expert on irrigation, desert planting, pest and disease identification and prevention, and residential and commercial landscape installation and maintenance. Scott has managed both wholesale and retail plant and tree nurseries, and is eager to share his vast knowledge of plants and trees that thrive in the Tucson area. He has also managed the installation and maintenance of all aspects of both commercial and residential landscape projects in Central, Eastern, and Southern Arizona. Scotts expertise include fruit trees, ornamental trees, ornamental shrubs, and irrigation.
- 1996- 2002 Assistant Manager Pacific Tree Farms, Chula Vista, CA.
- 2002- 2006 Store Manager, Evergreen Nursery, Spring Valley, CA
- 2006- 2008 Project Director of Commercial/ Residential Landscape Construction. Quality Growers, Morenci, AZ.
- 2008- 2014 Owner. Its Alive…Landscaping. Casa Grande, AZ.,/li>
- 2017 Bachelor’s of Science Agribusiness Economics and Management. University of Arizona. Honors.
- Graduate Degree. Masters of Science Agricultural Education. University of Arizona.
Join our e-Garden Club
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter to learn about great gardening information, special events, concerts, classes, and sales.